TEST, SEM: domain and range

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:35:14 +0200
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

I am wondering whether to add the flurry of examples we have had on this topic
to the test repository under issue 5.3 semantic layering

Specifcally

"Jeremy's entailment"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0308.html
[[[
eg:prop rdfs:range eg:A .
eg:A rdfs:subClassOf eg:B .

entails

eg:prop rdfs:range eg:B .
]]]

"Jonathan's example"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0402.html
[[
foo rdfs:range bar .
foo rdfs:range baz .

=>

foo rdfs:range _:x
_:x owl:intersectionOf (bar baz) .
]]

"Ian's equivalence"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0381.html
2 entailments (both ways)
[[[
 P range A could be re-written as:

Thing subClassOf Restriction (onProperty P) (allValuesFrom A)
]]]

I guess that once we have resolved 5.3 then it will be clear which of these
are entailments and which are non-entailments.

For now, the descriptions would just link into our e-mail archieve.

Any objections to doing so?