Re: LANG: Moving issues 5.6 and 5.14 forward

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:28:02 +0200
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

> The problem is that the RDF syntax requires a
> root element of <RDF:rdf>

Jeff's quote is write, and there has been no pressure to change it.
Jeff's analysis of the freedom of where we put RDF concurs with my

i.e. we could define owl:Ontology as a root level element that always had the
stuff we want and then the RDF content without any rdf:RDF tag. It wouldn't
really be playing the game, but it wouldn't exactly be cheating either.