Re: LANG: Moving issues 5.6 and 5.14 forward

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:28:02 +0200
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

> The problem is that the RDF syntax requires a
> root element of <RDF:rdf>

Jeff's quote is write, and there has been no pressure to change it.
Jeff's analysis of the freedom of where we put RDF concurs with my
understanding.

i.e. we could define owl:Ontology as a root level element that always had the
stuff we want and then the RDF content without any rdf:RDF tag. It wouldn't
really be playing the game, but it wouldn't exactly be cheating either.