Re: new version of semantic layering document

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:17:28 -0500
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

>Also, the unqualified claim that inference in fast OWL is the same as
>inference in my semantics for the abstract syntax has resurfaced.  This
>needs to be proven, and make take considerable effort.

True, it needs to be checked carefully. Think of it as a strong
conjecture at present.

>  As it stands right
>now, with the extensionality condition in force, it is almost certainly
>false.

Extensionality has been taken out: that sentence was an editing
glitch. I agree that extensionality isnt supportable with the current
OWL--> RDF translation style.

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes