Re: LANG: issue 5.1 - Uniform treatment of literal/data values

This is *NOT* a proposal, half baked or otherwise. It is just a report
on (possibly) relevant ongoing research (my reluctance to provide such
a report was exactly because I was worried that it might be
interpreted as a proposal).

I have consistently argued against relying on ongoing research in the
current language. If I had to make a proposal I would say to go with
the status quo (which is well understood) and consider adding features
such as keys in future versions/extensions of the language. The
advantage of the keys approach in this regard is that it would be a
direct extension of the DAML+OIL approach, i.e., it simply provides an
additional means for an ontology to constrain the set of admissible
models.

Ian