Re: WOWG: agenda Sep 19 telecon

At 11:38 AM -0400 9/18/02, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>I am worried that there has been no indication of what should happen in
>preparation for the upcoming F2F.  I haven't seen any information about
>which documents will be considered at F2F4, or which topics will be
>discussed there.
>
>According to what Dan said
>(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2001Nov/0132.html),
>documents should be *finalized* two weeks before a F2F.  I'm willing to
>shave this to a week, but I think that it is necessary to determine which
>documents will be up for consideration, and what topics are going to be
>discussed, with at least two weeks of lead time.
>
>I consider this an extremely serious problem.  In my view, most of this
>week's telecon has to be devoted to preparation for F2F4.
>
>Peter F. Patel-Schneider
>Bell Labs Research

Peter -
  As per our charter and chair responsibilities Guus and I are working
on a proposed agenda for f2f4 --   we expect to have that released to
the group this week (Monday 23rd is two weeks before, so we are on
schedule for the agenda).  Documents we're expecting have mostly been
discussed - I believe there are no documents that aren't already
actioned and in prep.  What we are more worried about is the issues
that are open -- we believe the f2f will be a better place to get
final agreement on the hard issues, than to get all the i's dotted
and t's crossed in documents -- we do the latter pretty well by phone
- but the former needs to be done before we can complete documents.