Re: ISSUE 5.6 - daml:imports as magic syntax

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 01:44:57 +0200
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>, WebOnt <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

[...]

> Hmm... maybe I didn't read that closely enough the first
> time... I suppose that's a reasonably detailed design after all.
>
> In N3, I could write that as:
>
>   { ?A owl:imports ?B.
>     ?A log:semantics ?AG.
>     ?B log:semantics ?BG.
>
>     ?BG log:implies ?X }
>    log:implies { ?AG log:implies ?X }.
>
> but I'm not sure cwm would do very much with it. Hm...
> Jos, would Euler exploit that sort of rule in
> the intuitive way?

not as such, but if graph :A has
  <> owl:imports :B .
among it's triples
then we should, given nothing, entail the graph
  ( :A ) log:implies :X .

(unfortunately our web site is in trouble
and all stuff of the last week is gone
and one of them was to use log:implies
more uniformly, so I will test that one
later...)