Re: ISSUE 5.6 - daml:imports as magic syntax

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> A treatment of imports can be done completely syntactically, by replacing
> imports foo, where foo is a URI (or whatever) by the contents of the
> document pointed at by foo.   This is the way I would handle it in the
> abstract syntax and direct semantics.

hmmm... if we consider that daml:imports is syntactic sugar for XInclude
http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/ i.e.

<xi:include
    xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
    href="foo.daml"
/>

just using XInclude as it is already specified would allow us to prune this
whole discussion and the issues it raises of special syntax, semantics etc.

Jonathan