RE: Guide: draft of Oct 31

From: Smith, Michael K <michael.smith@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:23:46 -0600
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, "Smith, Michael K" <michael.smith@eds.com>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Thanks, Peter.

I sent out the wine.owl and food.owl ontologies in an earlier message.
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0333.html

The RDF validator seemed to like them.  The following goes through
just fine.

<rdf:RDF
  xmlns     = "http://www.example.org/wine.owl#"
  xmlns:owl = "http://www.w3.org/@@/owl#"
  xmlns:rdf = "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
  xmlns:rdfs= "http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#">

  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="locatedIn">
    <owl:TransitiveProperty />
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/@@/owl#Thing" />
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#Region" />
  </owl:ObjectProperty>

</rdf:RDF>

But as I have been saying for some time, that's no guarantee
that you have syntactically correct OWL.

- Mike