Re: Guide: draft of Oct 31

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:55:27 -0500 (EST)
To: michael.smith@eds.com
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

I believe that the draft has some problems with its OWL syntax (actually, I
believe that the examples are not even valid RDF).  Many uses of
owl:TransitiveProperty and owl:SymmetricProperty are as

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="....">
 <owl:TransitiveProperty />
</owl:ObjectProperty>

I believe that this must be changed to

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="....">
 <rdf:type rdf:resource="&owl;TransitiveProperty" />
</owl:ObjectProperty>

I also worry about the repeated use of rdf:ID in the draft.  The pointer to
wine.owl doesn't go anywhere, however, so I can't check this.

peter

PS: A pointer to wine.owl would be very useful.