Re: new names for OWL lite/fast/large

Hi all,

My preference is for something that combines the 2 suggestions from Jim:

OWL Lite
OWL DL
OWL Plus (or OWL Full)

I am not keen on having one of the 3 versions  being called simply
'OWL', with no qualifier. The reason why we have produced 3 dialects
is essentially that the WG believes that there is no single OWL which
we are prepared to declare as the standard OWL language.  Our naming
convention ought to reflect this view.

Enrico

PS I strongly dislike OWL/RDF (all OWL dialects are supposed to be
based on RDF, so it is going to be confusing that one in particular
is called  OWL/RDF and that this is a superset of the others) ,
OWL/FOL (FOL is misleading, it implies that the others are either not
logic-based, or logic-based but not FOL-compliant), and OWL FAST
(kind of implies that the others are slow, which is not a good
selling point, not even for FAST OWL itself!)