Re: Guide: Legal syntax?

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 11:22, Smith, Michael K wrote:

> The question arose in our breakout session on the Guide as to whether the
> following is syntactically legal.  I had simply assumed it was.

Yes, I don't see any reason why not.

>  The issue
> is that we are combining what the abstract syntax labels a 'complete' class
> equivalence with a 'partial' one.

I'm not familiar enough with the abstract syntax to say
whether this is in "fast" owl, but I'd expect it is.

>  E.g. white Burgundies are exactly the
> intersection of Burgundy and WhiteWine AND white Burgundies are a subClass
> of things made from the Chardonnay grape.
>
>  <owl:Class rdf:ID="WhiteBurgundy">
>     <owl:intersectionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
>       <owl:Class rdf:about="#Burgundy" />
>       <owl:Class rdf:about="#WhiteWine" />
>     </owl:intersectionOf>
>     <rdfs:subClassOf>
>       <owl:Restriction>
>         <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#madeFromVarietal" />
>         <owl:hasValue rdf:resource="#ChardonnayGrape" />
>       </owl:Restriction>
>     </rdfs:subClassOf>
>   </owl:Class>
>
> As far as the XML syntax schema that Peter sent out, this looks fine, modulo
> tag names like owl:SubClassOf.

Yup; cwm accepts it*, and offers the following N3 presentation syntax:

    :WhiteBurgundy     a owl:Class;
         rdfs:subClassOf  [
             a owl:Restriction;
             owl:hasValue :ChardonnayGrape;
             owl:onProperty :madeFromVarietal ];
         owl:intersectionOf  (
        :Burgundy
        :WhiteWine  ) .

*after I change Collection to daml:collection; gotta
update cwm's RDF parser in that respect.