Re: outline of semantics document

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:57:26 +0100
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

> > 2: I was surprised at the use of N-triples (in section 4)

> What surprised you?  This section (the mapping from the abstract syntax to
> the RDF syntax) has been around for quite some time. I'm not interested in
> doing the mental conniptions to translate from the abstract syntax to
> RDF/XML,

Heaven forbid you use RDF/XML!
(I realize that could be read with sarcasm, that I don't intend).

No I was more wondering just talking about fairly abstract triples. RDF is
fairly abstract really.

The bit about mapping to N-triples that I think is a waste of time is to do
with forcing a literal to sit on one line, and all the escaping etc that you
are supposed to do. It's needed, but it is syntactic grunge that is wholly
irrelevant to OWL.

I haven't reviewed this text before - I guess it went out in our Abstract
Syntax WD ... I didn't really take that one seriously, sorry.