ISSUE 5.18 Unique Names Assumption Support in OWL

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:04:07 +0200
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Now that all issues are open I'm still feeling
a bit hesitant w.r.t. issue 5.18
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.18-Unique-Names-Assumption-Support-in-OWL
but Frank gave me courage.
I gathered some experience with something like
owl:UniqueNames (just gave it some name).
Let's take an example (which is somewhat crossing
our charter borders, but it's all I have)
at http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/gedcom
It is stated there that the gedcom# namespace
is an owl:UniqueNames meaning that all names in
that space are actually owl:differentIndividualFrom
eachother, e.g. all the :... ones in
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/gedcom-facts.n3
That is achieved with an inference rule such as
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/owl-rules#rule10d1
which implies the ?x owl:differentIndividualFrom ?y
(instead of giving an order of faculty(n) facts).
One can see such inferences in
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/gedcom-proof.n3
which is some proof argument for
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/gedcom-query.n3