Re: new names for OWL lite/fast/large

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:43:39 -0400 (EDT)
To: Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

After the DAML PI, I was browsing through Powell's (an excellent
bookstore in Portand) and found several books on OWLs, including lots of
information on various species.  (Some of this information can also be
found on the web, by the way.)

Anyway, I looked for OWL species whose name or characteristics might be
good for the various styles of OWL.  I found

For Large OWL: Great Horned OWL (as used by Pat)
	       Great Grey OWL

For Fast OWL:  Screech OWL
	       Snowy OWL
	       (I actually wanted to find information on the fastest OWLs,
	       but I couldn't find it.)

For OWL Lite:  Pygmy OWL (which has certain negative connotations)
	       Elf OWL
	       various OWLET species

My choice would be the first of each of the above.