status of LBase

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Subject: Re: SEM: Reaching consensus (was Re: third version of semantics document)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 01:53:26 -0700

[...]

> As a proponent for Lbase, let me say that the idea isn't really to
> provide an alternative semantics, so much as an alternative way of
> presenting the same semantics. That is, the idea would be to use
> Lbase as a kind of common semantic framework. One should be able to
> read off a model theory from the Lbase translation.

[...]

What is the status of LBase?  It was going to be a W3C note, I thought.

Also, is there a mapping from any semantic web language (RDF, RDFS, OWL
Lite, abstract OWL, Fast OWL, Large OWL) into LBase?  I would think that
it would be a good idea to have at least one such mapping before LBase gets
to be a W3C note.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research