WG: Revised Version of OWL Lite Proposal

This is indeed so.
The major difference is not the findings but
my approach is a little more restricted.
Ian/Benjamin use an extended LP dialect, that
offers equivalence, nonequivalence and of course
negation.

Since there is a broad line of research on LP with
dozens of 'dialects', i.e. F-Logic, which offers existential
quantificaton.

I personally find it very difficult to draw
a line between 'exotic' and 'standard' systems. Other variants
allow disjunction in the head, which would allow for
the implementation of disjunctive defined classes.

For example, Ian and Ben's logic can offer maximum cardinality, since
they can create rules that simulate counting via inequivalence.

We could do that as well by interpreting the differentIndividualAs
predicate as such, however I am not sure, whether this would be
correct as the procedure shown in Ian/Bens paper relies on not
having the UNA. Am I wrong ?

Cheers,

Raphael