Re: GUIDE: small comment on WD

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:30:29 +0100
To: "Guus Schreiber <schreiber" <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Cc: Jan Wielemaker <jan@swi.psy.uva.nl>, WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>, www-webont-wg-request@w3.org

it is my understanding/experience that that is parsing
i.e. we get triples such as
  :WineColor rdf:type owl:Class .
  :WineColor rdfs:subClassOf :WineDescriptor .
  :WineColor owl:oneOf _:a1 .

  :White rdf:type owl:Thing .
  :Rose rdf:type owl:Thing .
  :Red rdf:type owl:Thing .

-- ,

                    Guus Schreiber
                    <schreiber@swi.psy       To:     WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
                    .uva.nl>                 cc:     Jan Wielemaker <jan@swi.psy.uva.nl>
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     GUIDE:  small comment on WD
                    11/15/2002 05:14

We came across the following problerm.
In the Guide the follwoing example [1] is given of "onOf":

<owl:Class rdf:ID="WineColor">
   <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="#WineDescriptor"/>
   <owl:oneOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
     <owl:Thing rdf:about="#White"/>
     <owl:Thing rdf:about="#Rose"/>
     <owl:Thing rdf:about="#Red"/>

Our parser has problems with this. The RDF Syntax doc appears to say
this is not the right syntax [2]. Collections should consist of node
elements, e.g.:

   <rdf:Description rdf:about="#White"/>

A minor point is that in the wine.owl file <owl:Item> is used instaed of

A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam,