W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > November 2002

ADMIN - AGENDA Nov 14 (with links and haiku)

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:42:32 -0500
Message-Id: <p05111708b9f8cad080aa@[10.0.1.2]>
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Haiku for the day:

Issues still remain:
Imports as magic syntax
dominates our mail

----------------------------------------

WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
November 14, 2002

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London
very late   Japan (Sorry)

Duration: 90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION
To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair:	Jim Hendler
Scribe:	Jeremy Carroll


1.1 Role Call

1.2 Approval of Minutes of Nov 7 call
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0157.html

1.3 Agenda Amendments

1.4   Telecon Schedule
Next telecon:  November 21, 2002 per regular schedule
Scribe:   TBD

1.5  Upcoming F2F Meetings

Massimo Marchiori has set up registration page. Registration is now open and
link is:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0010.html

Guus Schreiber received a reply on remote access arrangements for next F2F
meeting from Deborah McGuinness.

Per Ian, the list of possible hotels for the F2F meeting in Manchester is
posted on the website.  The choice of hotel depends on cost and proximity to
the computer science department and to the city.  Some of the hotels are
Ibis and Novatel which are fairly new and relatively inexpensive; Princess
Hotel is an old refurnished hotel and quite expensive.  Guus suggested to
Ian to make one or two recommendations.

ACTION: Forward remote access request to Ian Horrocks next week (Guus)

2.0 Web Ontology Working Group Extension (15min)

DanC to fill in WOWG on status/any issues

IMPORTANT - all WOWG members are required to "reup" - make sure your 
AC member signs you back up.  Contact me and Guus if there are 
problems
AC members must read and reply to:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2002OctDec/0031.html

3.0 Document Congrats (short)

Semantics Document Published
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-semantics/
Guide Document Published
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/

3.   ISSUES (45-60 min)
Issue list:  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html

Issue @@ - no name yet - Evan's Owl imports (Evan)
Evan present issue

Issue 5.5 - List Syntax or Semantics (Updates Action, needs closure?)

Jeremy's message plus follow-up:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0203.html

Jim suggested that the action to the chairs (Guus and Jim) be withdrawn.
The issue, if any, is not clear.  Dan opposed.  This action was reassigned
to Dan Connolly.
ACTION:   5.5 list syntax or semantics in RDF CORE, Semantic Web
Coordination (Dan Connolly)  -- Done?
     DanC message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Nov/0037.html

Issue 5.6 - imports (Action review, decision whether to put to vote)
ACTION:  Reword Jeff's proposal (Pat Hayes)

Issue 5.9 - malformed D+O restrictions (Closed, pending action)
Dan would like to amend the proposal with some clear instructions to the
guide that says "Don't do that".  Dan was actioned to write up a few
sentences for the guide.

Guus proposed to resolve Issue 5.9 - malformed DAML+OIL restrictions with
the 1st option in the proposal by Peter Patel-Schneider.  Resolution carried
with Jim Hendler abstaining.

ACTION:  Write-up a few sentences for the guide (Dan Connolly)

Issue 5.19 - Classes as Instances (Discussion)

DISCUSSION OF THIS ISSUE POSTPONED FROM LAST TIME

The action to move the issue forward and write up 1-d and 2-d views to make
clearer to users was completed (Guus and Frank).
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0310.html

Issue 4.3 - Structured Datatypes  (Discussion)

There is a proposal for Issue 4.3 from Jonathan Borden. 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0037.html

Issue 5.8 - datatypes (Discussion)
Can someone in RDF Core update WOWG on status?  Can we close this issue?

Issue 5.13 - internet media type for OWL
ACTION: Borden - write up for guide/MIME type request
Done - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0151.html

Issue 5.14 - Ontology versioning (if time permits)

Issue 5.17 - XML presentation syntax
Hiro review added
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0034.html
Proposal: Accept publication of this document as a non-normative 
appendix (to which document?)

Issue 5.18 - Unique names assumption (if time permits)

ACTION:  Dan Connolly to write up the 'all different' proposal for Issue
5.18.

Issue 15.23: add hasvalue to Owl Lite

Issue 15.24 if or iff properties
(chair's note: Is this issue still alive?  If so, can someone propose a close?)

UML Syntax Appendix
Action Guus: update and redistribute




4.0 AOB
--
Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-731-3822 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler

-- 
Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-731-3822 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Received on Wednesday, 13 November 2002 22:42:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:55 GMT