RE: LANG: need to CLOSE Issue 5.6 Imports as magic syntax

Hello,

	I need some clarification here.

In his message (RE: LANG: need to CLOSE Issue 5.6 Imports as magic
synt) of 07/11/2002, Massimo Marchiori wrote:
>pps In case there's no consensus, note I would not be opposed to the
>(at that point, reasonable) "leave import after v1" proposal
>that DanC and Jim are advocating.

Would this practically mean that users will have to put all their
assertions in the same <rdf:RDF>  </rdf:RDF> until the next version?

(this is a real question, please answer, but I carry on).

I guess not. This is my understanding that you still can refer to
objets by someURI#Foo and the interpreter will be in charge of
computing the closure for getting the meaning (*). Right?
That's the implicit import.

Is this the alternative that we are facing?

(*) The only objection I find to this way of doing is that, I still
do not really know which a URI should allows us to locate a
definition (but I can sleep with that). The objection that Web people
might make to both kind of import is that content is negociated, and
thus you never now what will really be imported in another context.

--
  Jérôme Euzenat                  __
                                  /      /\