Re: how to proceed with building OWL [was Re: semantics: layering ...]

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:27:08 -0500
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org
>I worry that the WG is going to spend time on the strawman, only to find
>out that a lot of it has to be redone.  Besides which, don't we have several
>strawmen already?

please point me to one - other than DAML+OIL, I've seen no proposal
for anything other than approaches.  Also, when you say the "WG is
going to spend time" I remind you we're talking about starting the
spiral, which you are in, as opposed to defining an entire document.
I assume you'll be reading the email Frank sends out an commenting,
so maybe I'm missing what you mean.

AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742