OWL Document list (was Re: proposal for last session of July face-to-face)

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:41:03 -0400
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, www-webont-wg@w3.org

At 10:05 AM -0400 6/19/02, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>As I was reading Guus's agenda for the face-to-face, it occured to me that
>there is very little information there about planning for the future.
>There is a session partly reserved for this, but no background or plan is
>given for this session.  I feel that without some background and a plan,
>this session will not be productive.
>
>My proposal is that this session should be mostly devoted to planning with
>respect to finishing the definition of OWL.  The documents currently being
>developed in the working group do not form a complete definition of OWL and
>the missing sections need to be filled in very soon.
>
>I am thus providing a proposal for filling in these missing sections.
>
>[snip]
>

>These leave three portions of OWL unspecified:
>
>M1 What is an OWL KB in triple form, and, more importantly, what
>    collections of triples are not OWL KBs?
>
>M2 What is the translation from the abstract syntax to triples?
>
>M3 What is the formal meaning of an OWL KB?

[snip]

Not to comment on the above, but I think you leave a few things out
in the "completion" of OWL - let's not forget
  1) Required*: Guide and walkthru documents
  2) Required*: Test cases and implementations (needed for Last Call)
  3) Optional**: Any other non-normative syntaxes other people wish to publish
  4) Optional***: Axiomatic Semantics (in KIF or other format)

*: min-cardinality = 1
**: no cardinality specification
***: max-cardinality = 1

http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler