Re: TEST: Re: notes for 6/6 until 1:10 (oneOf/sameClassAs)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 07 Jun 2002 20:27:01 -0500
To: "Peter F. "Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com, www-webont-wg@w3.org

On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 19:42, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
[...]
> > No, I'm proposing that, when OWL semantics are
> > expressed as N3 rules
>
> Are you seriously proposing that the semantics of a formalism be expressed
> in N3?

yeah, or prolog or Java or whatever, no?

I'm not talking about the way it's specified; just
one implementation technique.

[...]
> > that the conclusion shouldn't have any
> > functional terms nor existentially quantified
> > variables.
> > i.e. there are no axioms that conclude "there exists...".
>
> Well there are several axioms in the DAML+OIL axiomatization that have
> existentially quantified variables in the conclusion.

the ones I'm concerned about have the quantifier, not just
the variable, in the conclusion.

>  What should happen
> to these axioms?

I'll have to look over the details, but basically,
I think they should be removed.