Antwort: Re: WOWG ADMIN IMPORTANT: Issue list: cleanup of ISSUES 2.1-3.4

From: <ruediger.klein@daimlerchrysler.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:54:32 +0200
To: <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

Hallo Ian:

from a applicational point of view both enumerated classes (one-of) AND inverse
are very necessary (not to say indispensible!)

If both features together makes reasoning much more complicated - I don't know
what to do.

Can we find a way which allows the user to use both features which will (in a
normal case or so) NOT result in reasoning complications?
For instance, in many cases inverse relations will be used only as a kind of
syntactic sugar (no additional semantic provided in comparison to the original
relation). But can users not familiar with DL understand such aspects of
modeling?

Regards

Ruediger