Re: Fwd: Plan for Namespaces 1.1 Last Call Draft

I've also looked at Namespaces 1.1

It looks fine as far as I am concerned, that is the mechanism to undeclare
namespace prefixes is a very reasonable one, and the errata need
clarification.

It really is a .1 update to XML Namespaces, and one ought not look for great
changes.

I'd be happy to say that again with a WebOnt hat on if that would be helpful
***

Jonathan

*** Would I actually get a WebOnt hat?, because then it would definately be
worthwhile saying this again :-)

> I looked at the first draft of Namespaces 1.1 and had comments.
>
> However I don't think any version of the namespaces spec says much about
> suitable uses of namespaces and I wouldn't be expecting much
> enlightenment vis-a-vis 5.20.
>
> I imagine I will be looking at it for RDF Core ... so I do not want to
> volunteer for webont. I am less than convinced that it is important for
> this group.
>
> Jeremy
>
> Jim Hendler wrote:
>

> > As you can see, XML Core is going to Last Call with their namespace
> > draft.  As the decisions in this draft could effect our work (esp. given
> > our open issue 5.20) it would be nice if someone from our WG would be
> > willing to review this and draft a comment to be approved by our group
> > and sent as a consensus opinion.  Anyone willing to take this on?
> >  thanks
> >  JH

> >> Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:42:55 -0500
> >> To: chairs@w3.org
> >> From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
> >> Cc: <w3c-xml-cg@w3.org>
> >> Subject: Plan for Namespaces 1.1 Last Call Draft
> >> Sender: chairs-request@w3.org
> >>

> >> The XML Core WG is in the process of planning to publish a
> >> Last Call WD for Namespaces 1.1.  Note:
> >>
> >>   [The] 1.1 revision of the Namespaces in XML specification ...
> >> incorporates
> >>   several errata to the 1.0 specification, and one substantive change:
> >> the
> >>   provision of a mechanism to "undeclare" prefixes.
> >>
> >> The latest (almost Last Call ready) draft is available at (member
only):

http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2002/07/WD-xml-names-20020708/WD-xml-names-20020
708