ISSUE: drop disjointUnionOf

From: Mike Dean <mdean@bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:56:46 -0400
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

TITLE:  drop disjointUnionOf

  owl:disjointUnionOf is an awkward construct (compared to
  rdfs:subClassOf) for many tools to support.  It can be
  expressed using combinations of owl:unionOf or
  rdfs:subClassOf and owl:disjointWith (though perhaps
  without conveying the notion of providing a covering set
  when owl:disjointUnionOf is used with with
  owl:sameClassAs).  I and other users of DAML+OIL recommend
  that we drop owl:disjointUnionOf from the OWL language.

RAISED BY:  Mike Dean