ISSUE:3.4 daml:unambiguousProperty

From: Christopher Welty <welty@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:43:28 -0400
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

All,
At the telecon today (July 11), I was made owner of this issue.
What we discussed in the telecon was actually issue 4.1 - that "unique"
and "unambiguous" are bad names (and what they mean).
Issue 3.4 is that daml:unambiguousProperty is not included in OWL.
There appears to have been consensus to resolve this issue as follows:
Although UnambiguousProperty can be expressed in a variety of ways by
combining other language features (one way is to use UniqueProperty and
inverse), it is a useful feature and should be in OWL, most likely under a
different name - see issue 4.1.

-Chris

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
PO Box 704, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA
+1-914-784-7055 Fax: +1-914-784-6078