Re: CHAIR-NOTE: Defaults and etc.

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:44:00 +0100
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
Folks,

I hope everybody appreciates that I (as well as other members) have put
on my "user" hat in these use case / requirements discussions. Actually,
I have tried (but maybe not always succeeded) to refrain from proposing
a particular language construct. For example, if "input completion" can
solve my defaults problem I am happy (in my user role). I also fully
appreciate the KR/DL role Ian and Peter play.

I agree with Jim that we need to complement these dialectic discussions
with a consensus approach, as for example the minimum requirement we
formulated during yesterday's teleconf for defaults (the definition of a
methodological guideline for users about how to handle defaults in OWL).

Guus

--
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam, Roetersstraat 15
NL-1018 WB Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 20 525 6793