Re: Possible OWL trademark problem?

Interesting - ontology works has one of jim's past students or collaborators in
it - bill anderson.
jim - maybe you can ask bill if we need to get permission for the use of the
name owl from them.

i also found another owl system:
http://ifets.ieee.org/periodical/vol_1_2000/linton.html
an AI knowledge capture and instruction system developed at mitre - it stands
for organization wide learning but if we care about copyrights or trademarks
and mitre has done either, it is probably close enough to matter.

Deborah

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Knowledge Systems Laboratory