Re: UPDATE: longer version of layering document

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:39:02 -0500
To: Leo Obrst <lobrst@mitre.org>
Cc: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
>What's the likelihood that we could convince the RDF/S folks to consider
>the effect of type in the theory, reconsider for the meta-theory?

Zero.

I'm not sure what this proposal even means, to tell you the truth.
What meta-theory???

>Is
>there any other way of them having their cake and eating it too? Are
>they aware of this issue (since Pat Hayes edited the model theory, I
>guess so).

What issue? Someone please explain (or give pointer to explanation)
or exactly what this issue is. I don't see there being any 'issues'
connected with rdf:type. It is the class-membership relation, is all.
RDFS is a pretty simple set theory, if you want to consider it a set
theory, cf. rdfs-entailment lemma in the MT document.

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes