owl:versionInfo (was Re: ADMIN: Minutes Dec 12)

From: Mike Dean <mdean@bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:54:34 -0800
To: Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>
cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

> As for versionInfo, I still believe that the new versioning properties
> make it obsolete.

The new mechanisms allow derivation tracking, but don't
address timeliness or version control/configuration
management (I don't want to have to use a new URI and
backwardCompatibleWith to fix a typo in a comment, but want
to be able to check that the change got posted to my web
site).

I just checked using a protocol interface to DSSS [1], and
found 340 usages of daml:versionInfo, with only 78 on
www.daml.org where all of mine are found.

	Mike

[1] http://plucky.teknowledge.com/daml/damlquery.jsp