W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > December 2002

RE: ADMIN: Agenda/Logistics for Dec 19 telecon-dialing in at 12:40 - Marwan

From: Marwan Sabbouh <ms@mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:05:15 -0500
To: "Jim Hendler" <hendler@cs.umd.edu>, "webont" <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <BCECKAKMDIPLLELLLPIKMEHFCAAA.ms@mitre.org>



-----Original Message-----
From: www-webont-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-webont-wg-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Jim Hendler
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 8:47 PM
To: webont
Subject: ADMIN: Agenda/Logistics for Dec 19 telecon



WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
December 12, 2002

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London
0200 Tokyo (next day)

Duration: 90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION
To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair: Jim Hendler
Scribe: Volunteer needed


1) ADMIN (15 min)

1.1 Role Call

Regrets: Schreiber (others reported in WG archive)

1.2 Approval of Minutes of Dec 5 call

PROPOSED to accept the following as a true record of the Dec 5
telecon:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0106.html

1.3 Agenda Amendments

1.4   Telecon Schedule

Next telecon: January 2
Scribe:   TBD

1.5  F2F Meeting Manchester

Registration page:
http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_meetingName=WebontManchester

Local arrangements page:
http://wonderweb.semanticweb.org/mcr-f2f.shtml

1.6 ACTION Review (10 min)

ACTION:  Mike Smith to add Postponed Justification issue to issue list.

ACTION: Jeremy to create text to use in place of PPS item 3 in resolution to
Issue 5.8 on datatypes.

ACTION: Dan C to to communicate with XML schema group about URIs for
XML datatypes.

ACTION: Jonathon Borden to update media types document and pass to M Dean
for use in editing Reference Document.

ACTION: Dan C take media type registration request to IETF.

ACTION: Ian to write up an explanation of known characteristics
for decision procedures for OWL Lite and OWL DL.

ACTION: Chris Welty will work on getting "The meaning of
owl:ontology" explained better in Guide, other editors will see
if their documents need changing (not obvious they do).
[Continued]

ACTION: Jeremy to generate test Cases for 5.5. List Syntax or Semantics
[Continued]

ACTION: Deb/Change feature doc in accordance with 5.19 resolution
(using MikeS's text)
[Continued]

ACTION: MikeDean/update reference appropriately for three
sublanguages
[Continued]

ACTION: Deb/Change features for three sublanguages
[Continued]

2. OPEN ISSUES (20 min)

Link to issues list:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html

[We have three open issues left]

2.1 Issue 5.8 - Datatypes

Proposal to close datatypes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0196.html

2.2 Issue 5.17 - XML presentation syntax

Proposal to close XML presentation syntax
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0204.html

Peter's new mapping document (attachment):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0220.html

2.3  Issue 5.18 - Unique names assumption

Proposal to close issue 5.18
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0225.html
- based on Dan's message:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0124.html
-and Jos' second and test cases
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0229.html

3. Proposal to amend closing of issue 5.13 - Mime type  (10 min)

Chair will entertain a motion to append closing of issue 5.13 with
Mike Dean's proposal to have 3 subclasses of owl:ontology for the
language types:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0224.html

4) DOCUMENT STATUS (30 min)

Status update and discussion of any major changes pending for every document
4.1 Requirements (Jeff)
4.2 Guide (Chris for Mike S)
4.3 Features (Deb and/or Frank)
4.4 Reference (Mike D.)
4.5 Semantics (Peter)
    Discussion of Jeremy's questions re: Semantics of Lite and DL
4.6 Test (Jeremy)
  Plan to release Test later than other documents

5) AOB (0-5 min.)



--
Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-731-3822 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Received on Thursday, 19 December 2002 09:29:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:56 GMT