RE: Issue: Add hasValue to OWL Lite

From: Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowther@networkinference.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:02:35 -0000
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: "Jim Hendler" <hendler@cs.umd.edu>, <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

> From: Dan Connolly [mailto:connolly@w3.org]
> On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 08:32, Peter Crowther wrote:
> [...]
> > Hmm.  Repeated and sustained argument for one point of view from the
> > Chair on an issue that will come to a vote.  Whatever happened to
> > Chair's impartiality per W3C Process?
>
> The word 'impartial' doesn't occur in the W3C process document.
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/process.html

Entirely true, and I retract the sentence beginning 'Whatever' and
apologise to Professor Hendler and to the group for working from memory
rather than quoting sources.  However, I stand by my second email that
quotes from the 'Role of the Group Chair' document.

> The chair's job is to facilitate consensus in a group.
> They're not prohibited from taking positions, as long
> as it doesn't interfere with that job.

Indeed.  Particularly in [1], I really cannot see Professor Hendler
facilitating consensus in the group --- rather, accentuating the strife.

		- Peter

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0105.html