Re: Issue: Add hasValue to OWL Lite

From: Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:15:39 +0100
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Jim Hendler wrote:

> but without oneOf or HasValue
> we're gonna have a lot of pissed off campers...

Jim,

I don't understand your line of argument.
The design criterion for OWL Light was ease of implementation (and perhaps
ease of use/learning crept in for some of us), but "frequency of use" was
never a criterion for designing OWL Light.

So if people use feature X often, but feature X is hard to implement, then
these people will simply end up using OWL DL. I see no harm in that?

(Clearly, the debate on the ease of implementation is entirely relevant,
but arguments about frequency of use seem to me to be irrelevant for this
issue).

Frank.
   ----