Blank nodes in OWL DL, OWL Lite

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:00:20 +0000
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

My understanding of the abstract syntax is that the following RDF Graph is
not part of OWL DL.

<a> <b> _:v .

i.e. the use of blank nodes in OWL DL is approximately that permitted in
RDF M&S without the new rdf:nodeID construct.

I think this is a mistake.
RDF Core found that the inability to serialize an arbitrary graph in the
official syntax was somewhat embarrassing, I think WebOnt should learn from
that embarrassment.

Suggested fix, permit individualID,and perhaps classID to be a blank node
identifier in abstract syntax.