W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > December 2002

WOWG: agenda Dec 5 telecon

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 15:47:12 +0100
Message-ID: <3DEE1570.5080300@swi.psy.uva.nl>
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
December 5, 2002

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London
0200 Tokyo (next day)


Duration: 90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION
To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: Jeremy Carroll


1) ADMIN (15 min)


1.1 Role Call

Regrets: Connolly, Hellman, van Harmelen, Hendler (likely/partial)
See list archive for last-minute regrets

1.2 Approval of Minutes of Nov 21 call

PROPOSED to accept the following as a true record of the Nov 14
telecon (Dan's update of the minutes):
http://www.w3.org/2002/11/21-webont-irc


1.3 Agenda Amendments


1.4   Telecon Schedule

Next telecons: December 12, 19
Scribe:   TBD


1.5  F2F Meeting Manchester

Registration page:
http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_meetingName=WebontManchester

Local arrangements page:
http://wonderweb.semanticweb.org/mcr-f2f.shtml

Short update, if needed


1.6 Reminder: Web Ontology Working Group Extension

[from Nov 14 telecon]

IMPORTANT - all WOWG members are required to "reup" - make sure your
AC member signs you back up.  Contact me and Guus if there are
problems
AC members must read and reply to:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2002OctDec/0031.html


1.7 Webont schedule

FTI: Current schedule:
- LC to start directly after Man ftf (around Jan 15)
- LC period 3-6 weeks
- Man ftf and LC period to ne used by WG to gather implementation
   experiences
- odds are low that a WebOnt ftf is required in March at Tech Plenary


2. ISSUES (60 min)

Link to issues list:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html


2.1  Pending updates:

ISSUE 4.3: POSTPONED at Nov 21 telecon
ISSUE 5.5; Resolved at Nov 14 telecon
ISSUE 5.6: resolved at Nov 14 telecon
ISSUE 5.7: should be marked as "POSTPONED"
ISSUE 5.19: resolved at Nov 21 telecon (wrong date / resolution link)
ISSUE 15.25 resolved ar Nov 21 telecon


2.2 ACTIONS wrt. resolved issues

ACTION Chris Welty will work on getting "The meaning of
owl:ontology" explained better in Guide, other editors will see
if their documents need changing (not obvious they do).

ACTION Jeremy to generate test Cases for 5.5. List Syntax or Semantics

ACTION Jeff Heflin will produce test cases for owl:imports
See also message from Jeremy Carroll:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0228.html

ACTION DanC to provide wording
[Concerns Issue 5.9 - malformed D+O restrictions (closed)
Dan would like to amend the proposal with some clear instructions to the
guide that says "Don't do that".  Dan was actioned to write up a few
sentences for the guide.]

ACTION: Deb/Change feature doc in accorddance with 5.19 resolution
(using MikeS's text)
ACTION: MikeDean/update reference appropraitely for three
sublanguages
ACTION: Deb/Change features for three sublanguages


3.2 OPEN issues

[We have six open issues left]


** Issue 5.14 - Ontology versioning

ACTION: Jeff to rewrite issue for Dec 5 telecon
Done.

Jeff's revised proposal to close:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0001.html
plus follo-up discussion thread


** Issue 5.8 - datatypes

See Jeremy's summary of RDF datatyping:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0223.html

ACTION: JimH to signal discussion of RDF Datatypes and Cardinality

Peter's proposal
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0265.html

Comment from Jeremy:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0278.html


** Issue 5.13 - Internet media type for OWL

ACTION: chairs, to ask Jonathan Borden re: wording to close 5.13


** Issue 5.17 - XML presentation syntax

Peter's proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0155.html

Comments from Masahiro:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0290.html


** Issue 5.18 - Unique names assumption

ACTION:  Dan Connolly to write up the 'all different' proposal for Issue
5.18.
ACTION: Chair to followup with Dan C re: Unique names

Cf. also Jos's message:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0041.html


** Issue 15.23: add hasValue to Owl Lite

Deb's issue description
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0196.html
plus thread


4) DOCUMENT STATUS (5-10 min)

- short review of comments received
- initiatives for getting feedback
- publication status


5) AOB (0-5 min.)




-- 
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam,
http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html
Received on Wednesday, 4 December 2002 09:51:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:55 GMT