TEST: What is a test (was Re: TEST: Functional and InverseFunctional tests for approval)

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:08:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

I vote against all of Jeremy's tests, not because I believe that they are
valid or not, but because in my view they are not complete tests.

I feel strongly that a test is not just one or two files, but instead must
have an attached description and rationale.  In my view, all this
information should be bundled together in single easily human-readable document,
which is what would be approved by the working group.

To make maintenance of tests easy, I see nothing against having the single
human-readable document be easily processable by a simple script that could
extract whatever is needed for tools to process the tests.