TEST: DAML+OIL to OWL converter (p.s. to SEM)

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:15:45 -0400
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

One of my students has written a PERL script for converting DAML+OIL
to OWL [1], We've converted a number of the ontologies in the DAML
library [2] and it seems to work, although we haven't checked all the
intricacies of namespaces and etc - our testing continues.  Please
feel free to try this out -- we will attempt to keep this up to date
with resolved issues that can be syntactically mapped.
  -JH
p.s. SEM: it is worth considering that getting through candidate rec
may be hastened if we can honestly show the DAML ontologies and tools
can be used with OWL - when we consider semantic divergences, we need
to make sure we either provide a mapping (if possible) or have a good
story as to how these things convert/translate.

[1] http://www.mindswap.org/~golbeck/owl.html

[2] http://www.daml.org/ontologies

http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler