SEM: integration with RDF MT

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 22:24:32 -0400
To: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

This back and forth between axiomatic and model theoretic semantics is
confusing me a bit. I take it that the RDF model theory is being developed
as a model theoretic semantics. Pat Hayes and Guha have proposed Lbase as a
framework to integrate various model theories for semantic web languages. Is
this the right question?

Does the choice of axiomatic vs. model theoretic semantics affect this? Is
it possible to extend a model theoretic semantics via axiomatization? It is
possible to develop the OWL semantics as an extension of Lbase? How are the
RDF and OWL semantics intended to be related?

Jonathan