Re: DTTF: List Ontology test case

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:23:48 -0400
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Jeremy

> Ths test case is meant to capture that intent.
> If daml:Lists are dark, then this sort of ontology has little formal
> meaning.

I believe that Pat's entire point, is that having something 'dark' to RDF
would free the OWL MT to provide a formal meaning, and since the lists are
defined using OWL, that would indeed be the case. Certainly a construct that
is dark to both RDF and OWL would have no meaning (although perhaps
something like DAML Rules, or N3 etc. would be free to define meaning for
those constructs etc.). To me, this seems like a proper layering/language
extension mechanism.

Jonathan