LANG: owl:quote

Pat's comment (see below) reminded my of something I have been wondering
about.

While we rail against (or for) RDF's lack of RDF:QUOTE or RDF:DARK, we have
not made an OWL quoting mechanism a requirement.  For the same highly
technical reason that Pat notes below, it seems obvious that in the interest
of those who come after us and build on top of OWL we need OWL:QUOTE. Or
something equivalent that states that the content imbedded inside this tag,
while OWL notation, has no OWL semantic interpretation in this context.

Someone is going to want to be able to extend OWL to systems that can state
implications (IF a THEN b), attributions (The book states that the earth is
6000 years old), and similar contextually restricted propositions.

- Mike

Michael K. Smith
EDS Austin Innovation Centre
98 San Jacinto, #500