WOWG: proposed resolution of Qualified Restrictions

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:54:58 +0100
To: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
At yesterday's telecon, it became clear that I had mistakenly believed that
we had resolved this issue:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#unmentioned-qualified-re
strictions

Moreover, we discussed using an issue driven process; and this issue was
available for a (hopefully uncontroversial) exercise for the group in using
the process.

Hence, Jim opened the issue at the telecon.
I believed that I was assigned as issue owner.

As issue owner, since I believe I have heard consensus, I now summarise that
consensus and propose a resolution.

Summary of consensus
====================
At the face2face no one wished to include qualified restrictions in OWL.

Proposed Resolution
===================

I propose that the WG
- decides that the qualified restrictions of DAML+OIL are not part of OWL.
- approves the test cases of
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Apr/0126.html
  as reflecting this decision.
- closes the unmentioned-qualified-restrictions issue.

If there is anyone who believes they should be part of OWL, please respond
to this message - ideally arguing for retaining them.

Jeremy

PS

This message fulfils

ACTION Jeremy: propose (again) that *Q gets droped.

from the telecon of 18th April.