DAML+OIL editors

From: Michael Denny <mike.denny@aviex.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:25:01 -0400
To: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
I am embarking on an ontology building mission and wish to comply as
thoroughly as possible with the latest DAML+OIL spec (because the consensus
seems to be that this is the leading contender for semantic web adoption).
While several editors like Protégé 2000 (with the OIL plugin), OilEd and
OntoEdit seem to be available with some maturity, I am floundering in trying
to gauge how complete their support of the spec really is.  Can anyone offer
an opinion as to which most fully exploits the DAML+OIL representation, or
where I might encounter deficiencies.  I understand that all these tools are
evolving quickly, and accept that any answer may be fleeting.  Thanks from a
newcomer to your list (the list's archive search doesn't seem to be
working).

I have posted this inquiry to both the www-webont-wg@w3.org and
www-rdf-logic@w3.org lists as I couldn't tell which was the appropriate
one -- my apologies if I'm in the wrong place.

Michael Denny