Attendance at telecons/meetings

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:41:58 -0500
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
Folks - just so you know -- attendence at telecons/meetings is
considered mandatory by W3C policy, and agenda is taken and noticed
-- don't show up most of the time and Dan and I would need to ask you
to leave the group.  There's a couple of examples - some people have
sent explicit mail saying they cannot make it to a particular
meeting, some folks live in places where the timing is very difficult
(Japan and Israel being the two I know about at the moment) and a
couple of people have medical issues or vacations where they've sent

So, if you don't show up on the attendence as attending, and we
haven't received regrets, we take note - esp. Dan who is our
attendence monitor in his staff contact role (not everyone who had
expressed regrets was on today's list - that was my fault and I'll
try to be better next time).

So if you know you cannot make a meeting, please let me know in advance.

Time and place of phone cons will be Thursday's at:
    1200-1330  Eastern
    0900-1030  California
    1700-1830  London
    [0100-0230 Japan, 0800-0930 Israel - but their weekend is Fri, Sat]

If you know you cannot make this time on a regular basis, please let
me know so we can find a way to keep you involved.

Prof. James Hendler			Director, Semantic Web and
Agent Technology
301-405-2696 (phone)		Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab
301-405-8488 (fax)		University of Maryland
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~hendler 	College Park, MD 20742