Re: UML for Ontologies and W3C Web Ontolog

From: <ruediger.klein@daimlerchrysler.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:23:48 +0100
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
Hello everybody:

I just want to support Frank's position concerning UML.
As an industry based researcher I can say that UML is quite popular. It will
greartly improve the acceptance of what we are doing if the relation to UML is
clear.
Of course, UML is much more complex - with many aspects related to software
engineering in general.

But the key aspects for us could be the class diagrams - which also build (from
our experience) the platform for many UML applications.

If there are some other people interested in this subject I would like to
participate in this effort (but not as the main player - sorry, too much other
duties...).

Kind regadrs

Ruediger