Woods paper (was Re: LEAD)

From: Lynn Andrea Stein <lynn.stein@olin.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:44:47 -0500
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

> Re: LEAD: making an ontology about the ontology group...
>
> From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider (pfps@research.bell-labs.com)
> Date: Mon, Nov 12 2001

> By the way, Bill Wood's paper ``What's in a name?'' makes a lot of good
> points about this and related issues.

An excellent pointer for anyone interested in ontology, and an
absolutely classic paper, but I believe it's ``What's in a LINK'', not a name.

From http://research.sun.com/people/wwoods/

"What's in a Link: Foundations for Semantic Networks". In D. Bobrow and
A. Collins
(eds.), Representation and Understanding: Studies in Cognitive Science,
New York:
Academic Press, 1975. Reprinted in R. Brachman and H. Levesque (eds.), Readings
in Knowledge Representation, San Mateo: Morgan Kaufmann, 1985. Also
reprinted in
Allan Collins and Edward E. Smith (eds.), Readings in Cognitive Science,
San Mateo:
Morgan Kaufmann, 1988.

 -- Lynn