Introduction: Jeremy Carroll

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:22:11 -0000
To: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

I'm the principal HP rep.

I tend to be fairly eclectic.
I studied mathematics (degree) and then computational linguistics (PhD).
I spent a few years doing machine translation research before moving to HP.

At HP I have changed theme every couple of years (maybe less):
in chronological order
+ compilation of high level language for model-based reasoner
+ distributed in-memory database and telecoms apps
+ distributed database architecture for OLAP
+ time in distributed sytems
+ programming models for distributed systems
+ clustered printing architectures
+ internet/intranet printing architectures
+ Venn triangles
+ printing e-services
+ semantic web - particular RDF

Of these my two successes are both recent:
http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/jjc

shows my Venn triangles, which are beautiful.

And the RDF Validator

http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/

runs the ARP parser that I developed, which has a particular clean
architecture.

I am also HP's rep on RDF Core WG.

My airport info is the same as Libby's and David Trastour's

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2001Nov/0050.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2001Nov/0040.html

I would value help in saying that, without a copy and paste, and without
requiring David and Libby to be anymore consistent than they have already.

Jeremy Carroll
jjc@hpl.hp.com
tel. +44 117 312 8797