Intro: David De Roure

From: David De Roure <dder@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:17:15 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
I'm the alternate Nick Gibbins. :-)

I'm Professor of Computer Science in the Intelligence Agents Multimedia
research group here at University of Southampton, where I am a member of
the Advanced Knowledge Technologies team and lead our participation in
another large interdiscipinary project called EQUATOR, which is about the
convergence of digital and physical worlds.  I also coordinate our grid
computing activities (called "e-Science" over here).

My background is in large scale distributed systems (distributed Lisp
actually) which manifests itself in my pervasive computing and grid
computing activities, and basically I live on the bridge between such
systems and knowledge technologies.  For example, I'm very interested in
continuous metadata supporting live collaboration.  I use agent based
computing in most of my projects.

Meanwhile I'm one of the programme chairs of the next Web conference - in
which we have introduced the semantic web track - and as Nick said I'm W3C
advisory committee rep for University of Southampton.

My nearest airport is:

<apt:Airport rdf:about="http://www.megginson.com/exp/id/airports/EGLL">
  <apt:icao>EGLL</apt:icao>
  <apt:name>London / Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom </apt:name>
  <apt:iata>LHR</apt:iata>
  <apt:latitude>51-29N</apt:latitude>
  <apt:longitude>000-27W</apt:longitude>
  <apt:elevation>0M</apt:elevation>
</apt:Airport>

Regards to all

-- Dave

Prof David C De Roure                      phone +44 (0)23 8059 2418
IAM Research Group 		           fax   +44 (0)23 8059 2865
Dept of Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton                  email dder@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK                  http://www.soton.ac.uk/~dder