From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:49:35 +0100
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
I am an associate professor in social science informatics at the
University of Amsterdam (different from, but close ties with the "Free

I am one of the main developers of the popular knowledge engineering
methodology CommonKADS [1]. I am participating in the working group on
behalf of the IBROW project, a European R&D project on intelligent web
services [2].

I consider myself a "user" in the context of this working group, meaning
that we are using web standards for semantic annotations. I want to
bring into this working group experiences we gained with annotating
image collections (see the recent work on my home page [3]). Based on
this work we have formulated some challenge problems that we were
confronted with in practice. I am also interested in keeping a clear
link to software modelling standards, in particular UML.

The local airport here is Schiphol International:

<apt:Airport rdf:about="http://www.megginson.com/exp/id/airports/EHAM">
  <apt:name>Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Netherlands</apt:name>

Guus Schreiber

[1] http://www.commonkads.uva.nl/
[2] http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/ibrow/home.html
[3] http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html

A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam, Roetersstraat 15
NL-1018 WB Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 20 525 6793
Fax: +31 20 525 6896; E-mail: schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl
WWW: http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html