W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > December 2001

ADMIN: raw scribe notes from 20 December telecon

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:10:04 -0500
To: HENDLER@cs.umd.edu
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org
Message-Id: <20011220131004D.pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
		Scribe Log for WebOnt 20 December 2001


Chair: Jim Hendler
Scribe:	Peter F. Patel-Schneider

Note:  The discussion did not happen in the order presented herein.


> Roll call:  

Guus Schreiber		present
Jeff Heflin		present
Deb McGuinness		present
Leo Obrst		present
Stefan Decker		present
Peter Patel-Schneider	present
Dan Connolly		late
Jim Hendler		present
Lynn Andrea Stein	regrets

> Agenda

> 1) Status of use cases, plan for completion (30 mon)

JimH: Would like (single) document for use cases.

JimH: Want common format for use case documents.

???: Will the ``raw'' use cases be in the document?

JimH: Want implications on the language to be in the documents.

???:  OK.

???:  Three areas will produce three sets of requirements.
      Will be unioned to produce a set of requirements.

JimH: 

Leo: What will happen wrt these documents at the F2F?
     Should the leaders produce briefings?  

JimH:  Each leader will have time to present important parts of their
       portion.  This part of the F2F 

Jeff: Single document going in?

JimH: Yes, by staple, at least.  Lynn may do somewhat more.

Jeff: By the 4th?  The FINAL document has to be ready by the 7th.
    
 

> 2) Status of RDF -> WOL document (10 min)

Peter: SWOL document is cleanup of DAML+OIL, not a response to the use cases.
	
JimH: How do experience reports and cleanup interact.

??: Mike Dean is collecting experience information.

JimH: What will status of SWOL (document) be?
      Suggestion: new starting point for Web Ontology Language


> 3) Preliminary discussion of f2f presentations of the above. (10 min)

Output from F2F: use cases/experiences document(s)
		     - experiences may not be a real document, just a list
		 SWOL document
		 changes needed to reconcile the two

F2F Agenda/Schedule:

	Schedule:	all day Monday and Tuesday 9am-5pm

	Required reading:	use cases/requirements (use case leaders)
				DAML+OIL submission documents (www.w3.org/...)
				new SWOL document (Peter F. Patel-Schneider)
				list of experience reports (Mike Dean)


Action Items:


DanC: List of action items: by 7th
      Use cases documents:  Leo (OK), Guus (OK), Stefan (not final version)
      General requirements document: Jeff/Deb (OK)
      SWOL document: Peter (OK)
      Experience document: Jim will talk to MikeD

General F2F agenda overview (very preliminary)

	1/ use cases documents
	2/ general requirements document
	3/ presentation/discussion of DAML+OIL/SWOL
	4/ gap between language and requirements
Received on Thursday, 20 December 2001 13:11:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:46 GMT