SERVICES: Re Agentcities Use Case

From: Stefan Decker <stefan@db.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:00:46 -0800
To: "Jonathan Dale" <jdale@fla.fujitsu.com>
Cc: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
"Jonathan,

thanks a lot for your email!
I've a couple of clarification questions:

>REQUIREMENTS FOR A WEB ONTOLOGY LANGUAGE?
>Consideration for:
>   - representation and use of ontologies across different service domains
Could you elaborate on the requirements?

>   - distributed location of ontologies across the Internet

So a requirement would be that a) Ontologies have a unique identifier (aka URL)
and 2) Ontologies may reference each other?
Could you provide a small, concrete example where this is required?
Maybe even how this could be achieved?

>   - potentially different ontology representations for each ontology
>(ontology translation)
What requirements does this pose?
Could you give small examples?

>   - simple ontology representation, but with capabilities to support
>planning
What primitives are needed to support planning?
Could you provide an example? In a pseudo ontology language?
What does simple mean?

Thanks and all the best,

         Stefan